Revit software is all about BIM (Building Information modeling) application that draws a parametric 3D model to generate plans, sections, elevations, perspectives, details and all the necessary designs of a building. When we open the software, it gives us a various template to choose in which we wanted to work like the architectural template, construction template, structural template and mechanical template.
This software is used in many industries like interior designing, architectural designing, civil engineering, mechanical engineering and many more. As we move a door in the plan it is moved in all the elevations, sections, perspective, and so on in which it is visible.
There are different types of walls in this software which can be modified as our requirement. Four different kinds of walls can be created- basic walls, stacked walls, curtain walls, and in place walls. Stairs and railings can also be made with the help of this software spiral and all the types of stairs can be made the thickness, tread and the height of riser can be maintained. Revit also provides us family.
If you are working on this software or going to learn Revit Courses from any training center or online resources then you must have some knowledge related to its advanced features. So, here I’m mentioning some of the new features of Revit 2018.
FEATURES OF REVIT 2018
The new features in Revit 2018 are as discussed below: -
- If we go to insert tab there is a new panel called co-ordination model.
- It gives us the proper HD rendering than before version.
- It has a vast library of parametric building components through which work is produced faster and more efficiently, it scatter links and groups in a better way.
- One of the biggest features of Revit 2018 is it creates and modifies multi-storage buildings and connecting stairs to another level in the same project, by adding this feature one feature has been removed i.e. stairs by the sketch in Revit 2018.
- One more control has been added to Revit in creating railing. Now, we can create hosting railings on topography including post placement and automatic adjustment to stairs.
- We can put the connectors on the object and can easily see the object in 3D.
- Another feature is in the manage link in the setting ribbon called global parameters.
- For better understanding and quantity of the project, it creates schedules of links and groups in the project\model.
- Print command has been added to quick access toolbar, the section box has been improved so you can work reliably it has a better workflow of schedule model groups and Revit link it now supports CAD file without any problems.
BENEFITS OF LEARNING REVIT FOR ARCHITECTS
- We can preview the future home in 3D modeling to the clients. With the help of this software, the drawing becomes very fast and flexible.
- The Revit software has its own components with the accurate drawing and gives it the actual effect which is one of the main benefits of using Revit for Architects.
- It gives us the accurate budget program, and moreover, it is highly flexible. All the drawings in this software are worked according to levels such as floor level, ceiling level, section, render and walkthrough.
- We just need to draw 2d drawing only as while creating any drawing it asks automatically to give the height of the walls.
- The selection of the walls should be selected first while drawing, then it automatically creates the 3d drawing.
First of all 2D drawing plan comes.
In 2D plan, we create a different plan for instance this ceiling drawing.
Sections are one of the most essential steps while creating a drawing in Revit.
Here is one more drawing which is showing the sections elevations.
After completing all the above steps the next one is rendering that really an amazing thing. We actually get our desiring real look after rendering of drawing.
Just like AutoCad, we can create a 3D drawing in Revit too which looks better than AutoCAD drawing.
So, these are some drawings which have been created by me in Revit.
Hi, I Kirti Bagaria student of ADMEC Multimedia Institute Rohini, Delhi, learning Architect Interior Master course which is an architecture and interior designing course. “Features of Revit 2018 & It’s Benefits for Architectures” is one of my Revit projects. I hope that it has delivered some essential acquaintance related to Revit.
Thanks for reading….